Since its establishment, the V.F.F.R.E. has demonstrated great efficiency responding to hundreds of incidents in its local area of response as well as its neighboring suburbs, providing significant assistance to the Hellenic Fire Service.
More specifically, until the establishment of the Kalikratic Municipalities, V.F.F.R.E.'s area of respnse covered the suburbs of Ekali, Nea Erithrea, Agios Stefanos, Anoixis, Rodopolis, Stamata and Dionysos.
However, in cases of large scale incidents, V.F.F.R.E. would also respond outside its primary area of responsibility providing mutual cover and assistance to areas like Oropos, Kalamos, Penteli, Parnitha, Grammatiko, Malakasa, Varnavas, Koropi, Keratea etc.
In 2011 the V.F.F.R.E. relocated to its new home in Nea Erithrea provided by the Municipality of Kifissia.
The new fire station is strategically located offering easy access to all areas of the 19 km2 of municipality.
Our team’s effectiveness has been recognized through its attendance at the numerous incidents it is called to respond to by both, state authorities (Fire Service, G.S.C.P.), as well as by the local media, who frequently host and highlight its activities.
For guidance, the V.F.F.R. has excelled in the following:
- Personal "Thank You" Letter from the Regional Chief Fire Officer of Attica Zois Ioannis for the effectiveness and exemplary operation of the team.
- Contribution to writing an article in the book "The voluntary movement in Greece and the civil society" by the former deputy Nat. Defense Minister Apostolides L.
- Selection for team participation in the European program "PreEmergencies" of EKKEFE DIMOKRITOU.
- Selection for participation in the group program G.G.P.P. "Protecta" to manage crises and emergencies.
- Utilization of the V.F.F.R.E. educational program by the Hellenic Fire Service for the training of seasonal and volunteer fire fighting personnel
- Utilization of educational material V.F.F.R. by the Hellenic Fire Service to issue an instructional manual for the Fire Brigade firefighters, nationwide.
- Award by the Civil Protection Volunteers Association of the Municipality of Agios Stefanos, for their significant contribution to the area of the municipality during the fires of N.E. Attica in 2009.
- Thank You Letter from a resident of Platonos str, in Politeia, where houses were saved following the intervention of V.F.F.R.E. at the fire of Nea Penteli on 16/08/2007.
- Thank You Letter from the Greek Ambassador of Germany following a fire at his residence in Kastri whereby V.F.F.R.E’s rapid intervention helped in quickly containing the fire limiting damages and fire spread.
Most of all, however, our work has been recognized by the citizens of our local area who contact us on almost a daily basis, not only for emergency situations but also for a series of other issues.